Stitched Erosion Control Blankets
Charankattu Stitched Erosion Control Blanket is 100% Coir fibre stitched together on both sides with a photodegradable PP or jute netting on both sides. They are mainly applied to protect highly endangered areas exposed to rapid drainage.
- Erosion causing energies are absorbed while offering instant 100% soil protection.
- Can be laid in running water trapping sedimented fines.
- Seeds and indigenous plants can establish from within and below the matting, generating a natural range of plants.
- Mulching effect of the matting improves all-year round establishment.
- Choice between medium-term reinforcement of surface root matrix or a totally biodegradable system.
- Mats can be placed manually, often concurrently with the soiling operation. They are simple to install and especially valuable for awkward situations.
The PP-nets decompose by being exposed to the sun. Depending on the net type the time of decomposition differs.
-Standard PP nets durability of about 12 – 18 months
-light weight photo-degradable PP net (not UV-stabilized) durability of about 6-10 months
-Jute netting durability of about 10-18 months
-100% biodegradable Coir netting durability of about 24-38 months